Are you an operator in Nigeria’s dredging industry? Are you a sand search specialist, surveyor, trucker, dealer, vendor or representative of a dredge manufacturing company? Do you deal in other equipment or dry plants needed in sand stockpiles or oil field dredging projects? Are you a service provider in Nigeria’s growing dredging industry? Are you a licensed clearing and forwarding company for imported dredgers? Or do you have new ideas for the industry?
Here is your chance to reach the wider audience in this market. You can enlist your company for FREE in this first-ever print edition of The Nigerian Dredging and Marine Directory.
DETAILS OF THE CONCEPT, UTILITY AND MARKETING POTENTIALS OF
THE NIGERIAN DREDGING AND MARINE DIRECTORY
Nigeria’s dredging industry was formerly served exclusively by the multinational companies such as Dredging International, Westminster Dredging Boskalis, Ballast Ham Dredging, Jan de Nul and Van Oord. Since the emergence of Nigerian indigenous dredging companies in the late 1980s and early 1990s, there has been no proper compilation of the reputable firms now engaged in dredging and allied marine works in the country. Even the configuration of the multinational dredging companies has changed considerably and needs to be properly documented for public information.
The Nigerian Dredging and Marine Directory – Print Edition – will fill this gap.
WHO IS TO BE LISTED?
It will be a full-colour directory having the contact details of all reputable dredging companies and operators and other marine industry service providers such as
• Dredge owners,
• Equipment dealers, manufacturers, vendors,
• Manufacturers’ and vendors’ representative offices in Nigeria;
• Marine and maritime companies,
• Clearing and forwarding agents,
• Dredging- and marine-industry supporting banks,
• Insurance companies and,
• All stakeholders whose businesses revolve around the dredging and allied sand-winning industries.
• Federal and state government regulatory agencies whose license and registration permits are needed for dredging activities.
It is being conceived as a reference point for business and for history because aside from circulation in the dredging and maritime industry, copies of the directory will be donated to all Nigerian universities, colleges of technology and other relevant institutions of higher learning as a way to promote Nigeria’s dredging industry and nurture awareness about the development of indigenous dredging technology and culture.
DETAILS OF LISTING, ETC.
Small and medium-scale dredging and marine companies are free to simply list
• Their names,
• Office addresses,
• Telephone numbers,
• Email addresses and websites,
• Contact persons for sales, marketing and commercial enquiries, etc.
Bigger dredging companies and marine operators are free to add to the above information
• Their staff numbers, inclusive of diversity of personnel engaged for high-skilled jobs;
• Equipment in use, owned or leased;
• Specialty areas of their dredging operations or types of services rendered;
• Geographical spread around Nigeria or abroad;
• Future plans and projections (if any), etc.
COST OF LISTING
Cost of listing is FREE. The format is similar to the text-only line-by-line public telephone listing format.
However, for companies which want to enclose its listing details in a box, with or without pictures, then there are two types of boxes: half page box and full-page box, with the following cost implications:-
HALF PAGE BOX (BLACK AND WHITE) N50,000.00
FULL PAGE BOX (BLACK AND WHITE) N100,000.00
HALF PAGE BOX (COLOUR) N75,000.00
FULL PAGE BOX (COLOUR) N150,000.00
Note: We shall develop complementary artworks, free of charge, for all companies which order listing boxes of any size.
ADVERTISING IN THE DIRECTORY
The Nigerian Dredging and Marine Directory is a good platform to showcase the strengths or commercial messages of operators or service providers in the local dredging industry.
Advertisements are differentiated from normal listing by the inclusion of words, texts, pictures and/or data of the advertisers’ own choosing to enhance their image portrayal, to boost their message to the industry or to mould the perception of the reading public or dredging stakeholders about their activities in the industry.
The advert rates are as follows:
HALF PAGE (BLACK AND WHITE) N75,000.00
FULL PAGE (BLACK AND WHITE) N120,000.00
HALF PAGE BOX (COLOUR) N150,000.00
FULL PAGE BOX (COLOUR) N250,000.00
INSIDE FRONT PAGE (COLOUR) N300,000.00
OUTSIDE BACK COVER (COLOUR) N350,000.00
FRONT PAGE BOTTOM STRIP (COLOUR) N100,000.00
For all other page sizes and positions, please call.
Also, note that for all companies which order advertising spaces, we shall develop free complementary artworks for their approval, if they so request and supply us their company materials.
OTHER CONTENTS IN THE NIGERIAN DREDGING AND MARINE DIRECTORY –
– Containing selected presentations and communiqués of past editions of the Nigerian Dredging Summit.
– Containing info on all past corporate and personal attendees of the Nigerian Dredging Summit series since 2007.
– Containing info on dredging and marine companies operating in Nigeria.
– Copies each shall be forwarded to the Reference Libraries of relevant Nigerian Universities, polytechnics, colleges of technologies and other tertiary institutions as a way of promoting activities of the dredging companies in Nigeria and their operations.
– Containing advertisements and corporate supplements by interested companies and service providers in the Nigerian dredging sub-sector.
– Containing extracts from federal and state laws and regulations for dredging activities such as the 2007 Mineral and Mining Act, the Lagos State dredging laws and regulations, River State dredging laws and regulations, collated Niger Delta states’ regulations on dredging activities, etc; rules and regulations guiding dredging activities in other key dredging states in the country and associated legislations, including requirements for obtaining a mining lease from the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, the Coastal and Inland Water Transport (Cabotage) Act 2007, the National Inland Waterway (NIWA) Act, etc.
– Containing information on the plants and equipment market in Nigeria – vendors, franchisees, manufacturers, dealers, repair facilities, etc.
– Containing selected short biographies of veterans of the dredging industry in Nigeria which shall be published free of charge. Dredging Companies are hereby requested to forward a passport of their veteran staff who have made remarkable achievements of engineering or other innovations in Nigerian dredging or marine projects during their careers, for publication in this profile.
– Online searchable database with periodic updates.
WHY SHOULD YOU ENLIST IN THIS COLOUR DIRECTORY?
1. Now is the time to consider how you want your company or organization to be perceived in the industry, by the society at large and by the academic community and history.
2. As well, now is the time to consider the marketing and advertising potentials arising from a fine listing of your organization in this maiden edition of the first-ever Nigerian Dredging and Marine Directory to be printed.
3. Multinational or foreign dredging companies with long history of activity in Nigeria need to update the public understanding of their nomenclature, operating details, joint ventures concluded over the years, mergers and acquisitions and other relevant details that reflect their progressive march in the Nigerian theatre of the global industry.
4. Foreign equipment manufacturers and vendors/dealers are also encouraged to reserve spaces for their companies and organizations as an extension of marketing and advertising strategy in a developing economy with dredging-dependent oil and gas sector and seaport industry.
5. As well, foreign equipment manufacturers have to reckon that the competition for the supply of dredgers via locally-made machines is restricted to small and medium scale categories; it does not affect the market for bigger dredges or hopper dredgers and their ancillary equipment.
6. Therefore a listing in this directory is essential for foreign manufacturers in other to target the market for harbor dredging and development of new deep-sea ports which is now in vogue.
7. All Nigerian regulatory ministries, departments or agencies at both federal and state levels need to take this listing seriously because it is a compendium of essential information in the public domain and will easily inform the operators about who-is-who and what-is-what in terms of required operating licenses, rules and regulations.
8. Remember that failure to enlist your organization in the directory may result in lost opportunities for the public and market place to take notice of your corporate presence, services and potentials.
METHOD OF TRANSMITTING YOUR LISTING INFORMATION
The concept of this maiden dredging directory is configured to gather as many of the operators and organizations in the Nigerian industry as possible.
We are set to receive your transmitted information via postal mail, telephone calls, SMS, email, email scan attachments, and Facebook comments on our corporate page. The details of these contact details are as follows:
Acorn Media Services Ltd
Suite E270 Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC,
P.O. Box 37,
Lagos State. Nigeria.
Telephone: +234 (0)803 337 8735; +234 (0)818 175 3561.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
WHEN SHOULD I SEND MY COMPANY’S LISTING INFORMATION?
Now is the time. All operators are encouraged to send in their names and details as soon as possible because we are poised to come out with this directory with dispatch. All advertising requests should also reach us in good time beginning from now to ensure they are in time for the printing.
ANY QUESTIONS FOR CLARIFICATIONS?
Please send all enquiries and questions about the Nigerian Dredging and Marine Directory to us through any of the channels listed above. We shall respond to you promptly. Thank you.